NCSD Student Enrollment - New Students
Related Documents:
2017-2018 Enrollment Form
Declaration of Residency
Request for Records

Wecome to the Nevada City School District!

Our teachers, administrators and support staff are committed to academic excellence and look forward to the opportunity to serve your student and your family. Please see the listed steps below for enrollment requirements for your student at Deer Creek Elementary School or Seven Hills Middle School. 

  1. You must live within the boundaries of the Nevada City School District. Please follow the link to check your address. 
  2. If you live outside the school boundaries please visit our District of Choice information page.
  3. 2017- 2018 Enrollment application
  4. Signed copy of the request for records
  5. Immunization records - Click here for a list of required immunizations
  6. Birth certificate or another reliable document stating the child's identity and age (such as a passport, military ID, hospital birth record, adoption record or baptismal certificate).
  7. Declaration of Residency and residency verification – As evidence of residency a minimum of three documents will be required from the following categories:
        •  Category 1: one document     
          • Current Property tax payment receipt imprinted with parent/guardian name and address.
          • Rent/Lease Agreement with grant deed or current property tax bill
            • Rent/Lease Agreement  should include, parent/guardian name, indication of number of children residing there, mangager or owner's name and phone number. 
          • Category 2- two documents
            • Current State or Federal Tax return imprinted with parent/guardian name and address
            • Voter registration
            • Correspondence from a government agency
            • Current Payroll stub imprinted with name and address of parent/guardian
            • Original utility bill within the last 30 days with name and address of parent/guardian
  8. Shared Residency Affidavit form is required if the family is living with a third party within the Nevada City School District. 
  9. Qualified Caregiver Affidavit form is required if the student is not living with their parent(s).